This position is responsible for analyzing cost performance, performing trend analyses, developing estimates at complete and drafting variance analyses, as well as reporting cost performance. In addition, this position is responsible for preparing and submitting invoices, monitoring funding levels and drafting communications to both internal management and external customers.
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance; preferred
• Experience in cost analysis a plus
• Knowledge of the Federal Acquisition Regulation a plus
• Must be highly proficient in MS Excel
• Responsible, dedicated, and highly detailed oriented
• Must possess strong analytical and troubleshooting skills and the
ability to identify problems and suggest solutions
• Must be able to produce under stressful conditions with demanding customers and schedules
• Must have very strong organization, planning and team member skills
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Three to five years’ experience in all facets of lagging on military and commercial vessels. Knowledge of piping systems, layout patterns for hall board, application methods for piping, machinery, and vent systems. Strong understanding of blueprints, sketches, and ship diagrams. Possess knowledge of Navy ship spaces. Capable of directing workforce and crew direction. Understands material procurement, government specifications and MIL standards. Can utilize IDM system and work with other trades. Understands, complies and enforces Pacific Ship Repair QMS SOP’s, Pacific Ship Repair SOP’s, and Pacific Ship Repair Injury Prevention Program. Can work competently with Program Management and Government Representatives. Works with his/her tools while assisting/supervising a small working crew. Knowledge of asbestos abatement helpful and ability to obtain abatement certification preferred. Successful post-employment certification for driving condor, scissor-lift, forklift and pick-up. Skills in basic math and measuring, fabrication and installation. Must be able to access and move around ships safely, work at heights and in confined spaces with limited visibility. MUST BE ABLE TO OBTAIN RAPID GATE CREDENTIALS
Ability to read blueprints, schematics and apply OHMS Law for shipboard applications on electrical & interior-communication systems. Must understand EPISM & Standard Items and pass a written Electrical test. Prefer US Navy E-5 or above. MUST BE ABLE TO OBTAIN RAPID GATE CREDENTIALS
MARINE ELECTRICIAN QCI
Must have 3 years recent experience as a quality control inspector or in the electrical field. Ability to read blueprints, schematics and apply OHMS Law for shipboard applications on electrical & interior-communication systems. Thorough understanding of EPISM & Standard Items and pass Electrical Department written test. Prefer US Navy E-5 or above. MUST BE ABLE TO OBTAIN RAPID GATE CREDENTIALS
QUALITY ASSURANCE ADMINISTRATOR & PLANNER
Position requires basic knowledge of ship repair processes including tools, machinery, materials, labor requirements and repair sequences involved. A background which includes hands-on experience in or exposure to trade environment along with the ability to read and interpret drawings is desired.
Essential Job Abilities/Skills/Knowledge
Develops Quality Assurance and Availability Work Package documents by:
• Reviewing and evaluating written specifications and drawings.
• Conducting ship checks.
• Developing material lists and labor estimates.
• Implementing and maintaining the tenets of the PACSHIP Quality Management System.
• Performing document control within the PACSHIP Quality Management System.
• Working to meet Quality Management System objectives and deadlines.
• Conducting internal audits on the PACSHIP Quality Management System.
• Maintaining Government-issued and PACSHIP work instructions, directives and documents.
• Developing and managing the Maintenance Availably Test/Inspection Plans (TIPs).
• Preparing and managing QA and Planning documents.
• Assisting the Quality Assurance Manager in improving existing and developing and implementing new Quality Management processes.
• Working on other projects as directed.
• Ability to work independently with little or no supervision.
• Ability to read, understand and implement written procedures.
• Strong communication skills.
• Good mathematical skills.
• Excellent attendance record.