NDT Level III Examiner & Quality Assurance Specialist (Close date:11/05/14)
Three years experience working as NDT Level III and in QA, QC environment. Must have experience with ISO 9001, Document and Records Control or Quality system auditing, NAVSEA Technical Publications training and procedure writing. Must possess good communication skills, be proficient with Microsoft Office. Experience with NDT Inspector certification and Welder Qualifications, NAVSEA or Military Standards, Process Control Procedures (PCP), MS Access, Visio, & PowerPoint would be a plus.
ISO 9001 and NAVSEA Standard Items or similar experience, including:
· QA/QC and NDT level II development and implementation of training.
· Conducts NDT technical performance reviews.
· Oversees the implementation of NAVSEA 271/ASNT-TC-1A and the qualification and certification requirements for NDT personnel.
· Evaluate all NDT compliance processes site specific to ensure the NDT facility is properly performing all NDT methods to all applicable customer, government, and industry specifications.
· Develop cost effective training programs to customer inspection specifications.
· Provide research, guidance, and facilitation between Estimating, Quality, Program Management, and Manufacturing in response to NDT inspection related issues.
· Be the final authority for the interpretation of NDT requirements and/or the acceptability of nondestructive test results.
· Approve documentation substantiating equivalent training and equivalent experience.
· Administration of personnel vision examinations.
· Approval of NDT method procedures.
· ASNT Level III certification or NAVSEA 250/1500 Level III certification
· Be available during normal working hours (06:00 a.m. to 02:30 p.m.) and willing to work occasionally when warranted after normal duty hours or on weekends and holidays.
· Have strong organizational, leadership, interpersonal, written and verbal skills necessary to effectively communicate and coordinate with all stakeholders: PACSHIP employees, staff members, senior and executive management, and customer representatives.
· Must be able to pass a pre-employment Drug screening, Background Check & physical.
· Must be physically fit and able to meet all of the physical requirements of the position including prolonged walking, sitting, standing, and stooping.
· NAVSEA experience preferred.
Send resumes to: email@example.com
Weld Engineering Technician
Weld Engineering Technician to support a wide range of welding processes, testing, procedure development, qualification records, training and quality assurance. This person will possess hands-on welding experience with ship repair, fabrication, or in a manufacturing environment. Applicants must be able to pass a pre-employment Drug screening & physical, be available during normal working hours (6:00 a.m. to 2:30 p.m.) and willing to work occasionally when warranted after normal working hours or on weekends and possibly holidays. Ability to read, write, and speak English fluently. Must be able to meet all of the physical requirements of the position including prolonged walking, sitting, standing, and stooping. Functional experience in Naval Ship Repair is a plus.
Key Responsibilities:- Develop and manage welding work plans including Weld Procedure Specifications (WPS), Process Qualification Reports (PQR), Quarterly Welder Qualification Process Updates, Welder Eye Exams, and resource requirements to meet company and project objectives.
? Provide training and technical support to a skilled labor force and manufacturing support personnel.
? Provide detailed specification requirements and directions to Contract Laboratories in support of our welding qualifications, testing and evaluation.
? Work with production, quality control inspectors and manufacturing to resolve welding issues before and during repair or manufacturing and provide technical support to suppliers and customers.
? Provide support for audits of suppliers and government audits.
? Interact with customers, management, quality assurance, quality control inspectors and various welding departments to ensure compliance with customer specifications.
? A.S. or B.S. Degree in Welding Engineering, Metallurgy, or Materials Science from an accredited institution with a minimum of three years of related experience is preferred. Equivalent experience will be considered.
? Weld symbol and fabrication drawing (blueprint) reading skills.
? Good communication skills (written and verbal).
Desired Knowledge/Familiarity of the following welding codes:
? MIL-STD 22D
? MIL-STD 248/278
? TECH PUB-248, 278, 1688 & 1689
? ANSI/AWS A4.0
? Base material weldability testing
? Filler material selection and testing
? Welding process selection
? NDT level III or Level II qualification
? Desired Welding Process Experience
Send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
Must have 3-5 years recent marine experience. Must certify on steel, copper nickel tig sockets and butt joints, socket weld, and steel plate with 11018. Understand weld procedures and pipe joint designs.
A thorough knowledge of the specified trade, including tools, machinery, materials, labor requirements, and repair sequences involved in the repair of a wide variety of parts and systems in a ship repair environment is required as well as background which includes hands-on experience in/or substantial exposure to specified trade environment. A high school education or equivalent is required plus sufficient advanced coursework, vocational training, or technical experience to be able to read and interpret drawings and specifications and perform basic business math calculations (percentages, markups, etc.) Incumbent must be able to conduct detailed research, develop the various components of a final estimate, and compile efforts into a complete report regarding time and costs. Must be capable of establishing and maintaining effective contacts with vendors, prospective customers, fellow trades workers, and other company personnel to exchange technical information clearly and concisely. Must have a minimum of 5 years experience and knowledge of MS Office programs specifically Excel.
Outside Machinists with marine experience. Must be able to demonstrate a proficiency in maintaining, installing, testing, and repairing mechanical equipment such as pumps, motors, valves, fans, compressors, conveyor systems. Must pass pre-employement drug screen and physical. Pass criminal background check for Naval Base access and badging. Work sites will be in Seattle and Everett.
Apply to Machinist Union #160 within 30 days of Hire.
Please contact Tom at 360-731-5587 or send resume to fax 360-674-2073.
Must possess 5-7 years recent experience in all phases of shipboard Structural/Sheetmetal installations. Requires extensive interpersonal skills, familiarity with budgeting manpower and materials. Must be well versed in all aspects of structural quality assurance & control. Familiar with waf's, wic's, Idr's/cfr's and have excellent communication skills. Knowledge of MSWord and IMS is a plus. Ability to obtain required credentials to access work locations.